Plan Your Event
To assist you in planning your event you will need to determine the following:
- Date and time of the event
- Department /Student Organization/Company name, telephone number and e-mail address of person filling the reservation
- Type of function and service style (breakfast, lunch, seated dinner, buffet dinner, snack break, reception)
- Estimated number of guests - to be confirmed by email or in writing 48 hours before event
Menu - including special dietary requirements such as vegan or allergies
Location and Venue - Verification that the venue has been booked with the room set-up noted in EMS. This should be arranged using the Catering Request Form.
Room Set-Up – Determine how best to arrange your tables, chairs, buffet table, or any furnishings in the room. It is your responsibility to return furniture and other items to their original position should they need to be rearranged or removed from the location.
Type of service desired (i.e.: buffet or served, paper or china)
Floral arrangements, linen color and other specialty decor items desired
Guest Parking on campus is limited and does require permits. Guests of TUC will need special one-day parking permits . You may contact the facility manager for special one-day permits or reserving spaces on campus at (702) 638-5802.
- Pricing and billing are based on a number of factors including your menu, guaranteed guest count, style of service, labor, and any additional charges for accessories and decorations
The Culinary Team at TUC strives to achieve the following service standards:
- All events should be ready 10-15 minutes prior to the scheduled start time
- One server is provided for every four tables for a buffet event
- One server is provided for every 75-100 guests at social receptions
- All tables are draped or skirted
- China, glass, and silverware are usually provided for served events with kitchen facilities unless disposable products are requested. Disposable products will be used for deliveries, pick-up orders, or if the kitchen facilities are closed.
TUC is a busy campus that often hosts multiple events in the some of the same places on the same day. Therefore, to assist in the planning of events, the following are the allotted time periods for different styles of events:
- Social Receptions – a maximum of four hours
- Served Dinners (with program) – a maximum of three hours
- Buffet Meals (with program) – a maximum of three hours
- Buffet Meals (no program) – maximum of one hour
- Continental Breakfasts – a maximum of one hour
We strongly recommend placing your order as early as possible. While every effort is made to accommodate all catering requests, late orders hinder our operational efficiency and effect menu availability. A late charge of 5% of the total cost of the event with a minimum charge of $10 will be assessed when catered events are ordered less than 7 days in advance. Orders received after 4pm are dated the next business day. At least seven business days notice for an event that requires catering attendants is required. To avoid these charges we recommend you adhere to the following schedule:
- If your event takes place on a Monday, your order must be received by the prior Monday by 3pm
- If your event takes place on a Tuesday, your order must be received by the prior Tuesday by 3pm
- If your event takes place on a Wednesday, your order must be received by the prior Wednesday by 3pm
- If your event takes place on a Thursday, your order must be received by the prior Thursday by 3pm
- If your event takes place on a Friday, your order must be received by the prior Friday by 3pm
- If your event takes place on a Sunday, your order must be received by the prior Friday by 3pm
Please note that there are food item and ingredient restrictions due to Kosher laws or Judaic beliefs that must be followed. This may impact your request. Please check with the TUC Master Calendar for kitchen closures (i.e. Passover).
TUC Dining and Catering is skilled at preparing a wide variety of specialty dishes using our own recipes or those provided by our guests. If your event includes specific/specialty recipes you will need to allow additional time in order to ensure all ingredients are available , the recipe can be converted or modified to kosher standards, and have the recipe tested. If specialty items are not available through our vendors and must be secured elsewhere, an additional 5% charge will be added to the price of the items to cover labor and travel costs.
Copyright 2005 - 2017, Touro University, All Rights Reserved.